Sunday, October 6, 2013

Being "Based"

Lil B is a rapper, whom I've never actually listened to. I was hanging out with a couple of friends when I noticed them all call each other "based" or joking around saying that they were, "fake based". So finally, I asked what the hell was going on! My friend let me borrow this book, which when I glanced at it, thought, "this is something I will just be laughing at later on." When I finally started flipping through it, I realised that this rapper might actually be onto something good. 


Based:
"Based means being yourself. Not being scared of what people think about you. Not being afraid to do what you wanna do. Being positive. When I was younger, based was a negative term that meant like dopehead, or basehead. People used to make fun of me. They was like, 'You're based.'
They'd use it as a negative. And what I did was turn that negative into a positive. I started embracing it like, 'Yeah, I'm based.' I made it
mine. I embedded it in my head. Based is positive." - Lil B

1 comment:

  1. It is the only way to truly be. Life is too short for anything else. :)

    ReplyDelete